Wedding is usually the happiest day in the life of the both the man and the woman alike, but more to that are interesting facts that you may not have known regarding wedding
The following are 12 facts that worth consideration.
1. Brides carry or wear “something old” on their wedding day to symbolize continuity with the past. The “something blue” in a bridal ensemble symbolizes purity, fidelity, and love.
2. The tradition of a wedding cake comes from ancient Rome, where revelers broke a loaf of bread over a bride’s head for fertility’s sake.
3. For good luck, Egyptian women pinch the bride on her wedding day.
4. Middle Eastern brides paint henna on their hands and feet to protect themselves from the evil eye.
5. Moroccan women take a milk bath to purify themselves before their wedding ceremony.
6. Most expensive wedding ever? The marriage of Sheik Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum’s son to Princess Salama in Dubai in May 1981. The price tags? $44 million
7. Engagement and wedding rings are worn on the fourth finger of the left hand because it was once thought that a vein in that finger led directly to the heart
8. Seventeen tons of gold are made into wedding rings each year in the United States
9. In many cultures around the world — including Celtic, Hindu and Egyptian weddings — the hands of a bride and groom are literally tied together to demonstrate the couple’s commitment to each other and their new bond as a married couple (giving us the popular phrase “tying the knot”).
10. Valentine’s Day and New Year’s Eve are the two busiest “marriage” days in Las Vegas — elopement central!
11. Men who kiss their wives in the morning are said to live five years longer than those who don’t.
12. Las Vegas is the top wedding destination with over 100,000 weddings a year, followed by Hawaii at 25,000 weddings a year