We all need reminders to remember what matters most. To wake us up from the illusions we perceive. And to revitalize our quest for a meaningful life.
And with that intention in mind, of reconnecting ourselves to the wisdom intimately woven into the fabric of our existence, this article presents 16 powerful and controversial life lessons that can change the rest of your life.
1. Most people are toxic and some are fake too.
2. Liars are everywhere. Notice the liars because they have a consistent pattern of lying. Always gather the evidence before speaking out against them. Otherwise, it can easily backfire as liars are good at what they do.
3. Narcissists – there is no point arguing or even bothering with such people. The best thing would be to stay at a distance. Some people don’t deserve your peace of mind.
4. Sometimes, it’s better to keep silent than speak without thinking.
5. No matter what happens, never quit. Quitters remain quitters. If you try and lose, try again. There is no harm in trying but to give up, isn’t worth it.
6. Never take things personally. If they matter, forgive. If they don’t, brush it off like dust.
7. Sometimes, a walk in the early morning or late evening can lighten your mood. Nature is a natural stress reliever.
8. There is no point of regretting anything. You can’t change the past, no matter how hard you try. It’s better to accept the past and move on. Let it serve as a life lesson.
9. No matter what others say, the final choice is ultimately yours. If someone tells you that you’re bad at something, prove that you’re not. Don’t listen to toxic people. Listen to your heart. Do what you love. Don’t let anyone stop you from achieving your dreams. Remember, such people are just obstacles on your pathway to success.
10. Never chase what other people are chasing. Follow your own pathway to freedom.
11. Nobody cares except your parents. Therefore, never let other people influence you.
12. Don’t waste your energy on people who have no manners and on things that disturb your state of mind.
13. Be prepared for the worst. Life is unpredictable. The sun isn’t going to shine every single day, so be prepared for the storm.
14. Even with a busy schedule, make time for those who matter. One day, it will all be too late. Time isn’t always going to be in your favour. Spend quality time with your family and build memories.
15. Once you let toxic people into your life, your life isn’t the same. Every day is a battle to survive. Therefore, know your boundaries and don’t give anyone the entitlement to take your happiness away from you.
16. Effort pays off. Whatever you do, make sure you establish your future life. Don’t rely on anyone for money. Learn to be independent.