Up until 2020, Loren Gray was the most followed person on TikTok.
She is known for her singing talents, TikTok videos, and her beauty channel on YouTube.
But where did it all start, and how did she get to be so famous by the age of 16?
Here are 25 fun facts all about Loren Gray.
1. Loren Gray Beech is 18 years old. She was born on April 19, 2002, in Pottstown, Pennsylvania, US.
2. Loren’s mother was a beauty stylist, and her father a biologist. Loren has a half-sister called Jordan, who is eight years older than Loren.
3. She was born an Aries, meaning that she is optimistic, sociable, and adventurous.
4. In 2015, in 6th grade, Loren set up a TikTok account, formerly Musical.ly, to upload lip-syncing videos at age 13.
5. She originally used her full name, Loren Beech, until she began to get more followers, so she changed it to Loren Gray.
6. Loren’s friends at school began to turn on her as they were jealous of her gradual build to fame. Some of them started to bully Loren.
7. Loren’s mother decided to take her out of school as the bullying escalated to a point where Loren was suffering from mental health issues and would spend some days continuously crying.
8. As a family, they moved to LA for a new start and for Loren to continue growing her social media platforms. Loren did her first fan-based meet and greet tour at age 13, and this is when she first sang publically on stage.
9. Loren wasn’t meant to sing on stage, as her role was purely to entertain through conversation. She sang a cover of Vance Joy, and the crowd loved it.
10. After singing on stage, she focused on her YoutTube channel and started to upload songs she had written. In 2016 Loren was nominated for Choice Muser at the Teen Choice Awards.
11. At the age of 15, in 2017, Loren played a part in British pop singer HRVY’s music video for the song “Personal.”
12. Loren turned 16 in 2018 and signed with her first record labels Virgin Records and Capitol Records.
13. She released her first song on August 13, 2018, under Capitol Records called “My Story.”
14. Loren dated make-up artist James Charles’ younger brother Ian Jeffrey from late 2018 to early 2019.
15. On January 11, 2019, Loren collaborated with American Dj duo Lost Kings on their song “Anti-Everything.” The song reached number 32 on the US dance chart.
16. Her most popular song is “Queen,” with over 17 million views on YouTube alone as of 2021.
17. On July 11, 2019, Loren was the second celebrity to be part of the “Creator Show” series on Snapchat. The series was called “Glow Up” and showcases Loren’s beauty and makeup tips via tutorial videos.
18. In 2019 Loren was nominated for the Social Star Award at the iHeart Radio Music Awards.
19. As of 2020, Loren became the second most followed person on TikTok after Charli D’Amelio.
20. Loren is 5 foot 8 inches (172cm) in height.
21. On May 3, 2020, Teen Vogue posted an interview article with Loren explaining how she is a survivor of sexual assault. She received much support from fans and has become an inspiration for other victims of her age.
22. Loren’s favorite color is pink.
23. She refers to her fans as “Angels,” and she has a tattoo of angel wings on the back of her neck to show her link to her fans.
24. She had two pet Pomeranians called Angel and Smudge. They both have their own Instagram accounts under the names @angelpom and @smudgeepum.
25. Angel has nearly 500,000 followers but unfortunately passed away on October 28, 2019, at the age of only 2 years old.
Loren has sparked a career during her teen years, and she has become an idol and inspiration to her generation and others to come.
She has shown that if you work hard and are persistent, you can do great things, despite the people who might put you down.