Without a doubt, everyone desires to become successful in life. Understand that Success and a life of happiness is yours to choose.
One of the great models in life, the late Coach John Wooden, defined success as follows: “Success is peace of mind, which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you made the effort to do your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming.”
Success is an attitude. Success requires maximum effort. It is peace of mind and a state of mind. And please note the emphasis on “self” in self-satisfaction. Your success should never be determined by the approval or recognition of others. If so, you’ll live a highly disappointing life.
Now take a look at the following 7 lessons for successful living.
1. Take your life a day at a time. Life is a journey, not a destination
There will be ups and downs but that shouldn’t discourage you. You fail at something, you heed the lessons, get yourself together and press on.
2. To be successful in all you do, you must be goal-driven and think for the long term
Create your goals and plan yourself all the time. Have your daily, weekly, monthly and yearly goals. As you do this, remember that you have to come up with ways of achieving them.
3. In life, no one ever makes it alone. Look at your life, you wouldn’t have made it by yourself. Someone held your hand and believed in you. It’s high time we enhance the personal and career development of our young people.
4. Learn to practise patience in all that you do. Have the self-control to delay gratification or wait for results. Good things come to those who wait and most times, the wait is worthwhile. Learn to take your time and have the discipline to wait for the right time.
5. Once you begin, you’re halfway there! Avoid procrastination even when the task ahead of you is unpleasant.
Ensure you keep a list of reasonable tasks that you must accomplish because this helps you stay focused and avoid feeling overwhelmed.
6. Learn to appreciate where you are in your journey, even if it’s not where you want to be.
Remember that every season serves a purpose and creates opportunities for you to excel. So go through it and grow.
7. Always embrace your mistakes, they’re a sign of your courage to try.
Mistakes which are our failures mould us to become better off than our past. They are a catalyst that keeps us progressing.
Please don’t forget to comment, subscribe and share this post below: