Tonto Dikeh is a multi-award winning Nollywood actress, serial entrepreneur, motivational speaker, singer, and philanthropist. She is the CEO/Founder of the Tonto Dikeh Foundation.
Tonto Dikeh Background
Tonto Charity Dikeh was born on the 9th of June 1985, to Mr Sunny Dikeh and Mrs Veronica Dikeh as the third of five children. She hails from Ikwerre descent in Obio akpor Local Government Area of Rivers State. Tonto lost her mum when she was 3years old, so her stepmother raised her and her siblings.
She grew up in Port Harcourt and obtained a BSc in petrochemical engineering from the Rivers State University of Science and Technology.
Tonto Dikeh Career
Tonto Dikeh is known for various Nollywood movies but in particular, the movie “Dirty Secret” brought about controversies. This is because it contained numerous adult scenes which at then was quite foreign (unheard of) in the Nigerian movie industry. Critics have accused her of being untraditional and un-African, while others have said that Dikeh was merely being professional.
She later decided to try herself in music after appearing in several movies. She had however once featured in a music video by Amaco Investments where she and Patience Ozokwor mimed the song. Dikeh then made her debut with her singles ‘Hi’ and ‘Itz Ova’ featuring Snypa. Her songs were again received fairly well as many praised her efforts while the critics questioned her vocal ability. There were doubts about her decision to try music but she kept on with her music.
She was unveiled under the record label ‘DB Records LEE family’ by the pop star D’banj on 13th June 2014. She, however, announced her departure from the DB records in March 2015.
Tonto Dikeh Family, Marriage
Tonto Dikeh was married to Oladunni Olakunle Churchhill. Her traditional marriage to Churchill was in August 2015. In February 2016, Dikeh gave birth to her son Andre Omodayo Churchill, whom she nicknamed Baby X. In June 2017, Tonto Dikeh and Olakunle Churchill divorced, leading to a nasty revelation about how the couple managed to cope with themselves amidst lies. Churchill confirmed that his marriage to the actress was over amidst a seven months crisis rocking their union.
Olakunle Churchill revealed he was physically abused in the marriage and video clips surfaced and Tonto Dikeh was seen assaulting her ex-husband in their supposed living room which had been turned upside down. The couple granted individual interviews on several occasions, giving details of the problems they encountered.
Despite going their separate ways, Tonto Dikeh never stopped attacking her ex-husband. In May 2019, she revealed, in her interview with Daddy Freeze that her ex-husband was a ’40 seconds man’, a revelation which sparked outrage from several quarters.
She also claimed she caught him of ‘humping’ another woman on their wedding night.
Tonto Dikeh’s Music Singles
- Hi – 2012
- Itz Ova – 2012
- Crazically Fit (featuring Terry G) – 2012
- Jeje – 2013
- Sheba (featuring Solid Star) – 2013
- Ekebe – 2014
- Sugar Rush (featuring D’banj) – 2015
Tonto Dikeh’s Movies
- Last Mission
- Secret Mission
- Rush Hour
- Fatal Mistake
- Family Disgrace
- Miss Maradonna
- Mortal Desire
2006 – 2008
- Tea or Coffee – 2006
- Pounds and Dollars – 2006
- Missing Rib – 2007
- Final Hour – 2007
- Divine Grace – 2007
- 7 Graves – 2007
- Crisis in Paradise – 2007
- Insecurity – 2007
- Away Match – 2007
- Games Fools Play – 2007
- The Plain Truth – 2008
- Love my Way – 2008
- Before the Fall – 2008
- Total Love – 2008
- Strength to Strength – 2008
2009 – 2014
- Missing Child – 2009
- Native Son – 2009
- Dangerous Beauty – 2009
- My Fantasy – 2010
- Pleasure and Crime – 2010
- Ropes of Faith – 2010
- Dirty Secret – 2010
- Ropes of Faith – 2010
- Blackberry Babes Re-loaded – 2012
- Criminal Widow 1 – 2013
- The Criminal Widow 2 – 2013
- Terror of a Widow 1 – 2013
- The Terror of a Widow 2 – 2013
- Battle of the Queens – 2014
- Throne of War – 2014
Endorsements Of Tonto Dikeh
- Zikel Cosmetics signed a N100 million deal with Tonto Dikeh as an ambassador of their makeup brand in Africa on the 23rd of May 2019.
- She is an ambassador of Amstel Malt.
- Tonto is an ambassador of Sapphire Scents.
- She is an ambassador for the largest Chinese Restaurant in Sub Sahara Africa – Silk Road Restaurant.
Tonto Dikeh Foundation
Tonto Dikeh established the NGO – Tonto Dikeh Foundation in the year 2000. She started the foundation because she has a passion to enhance the standard of living of underprivileged and displaced women, girls, youths, and children in Africa, regardless of their political, religious and cultural differences.
The foundation also intends to constantly organize sensitization programs and symposium discussions on issues
Tonto Dikeh’s Quotes
“Being happy never goes out of style.”
“Nothing happens until the pain of remaining the same outweighs the pain of change.”
“Feed the body that works the money…”
“Happiness isn’t a state of the mind. It’s the mind!!!”
“Nobody watches you harder than the one who can’t stand to see you succeed.”
“Life has taught me that happiness is free.”
“Let nothing hold you back from creating the life you’ve always wanted.”
Awards And Recognitions Of Tonto Dikeh
- Nominated for BON Awards – 2012
- Afro Hollywood Awards nominated her for Best Actress (English language film) category – 2012
- Future Awards Nominee for Actor of the year – 2012
- Best Actress of the Year at ELOY Awards – 2013
- Nominee at the City People Movie Award for Best Actress of the Year (English) – 2014
- Best Actress Award by Peace Ambassador Awards – 2016
- Nominee for the South-South Progressive awards – 2016
- Nominated for the GAB Special Recognition Awards in The Arts category – 2016
- Humanitarian ambassador of the year nominee at the Starrz Awards – 2017
- Nominated for Her Network Woman of the Year (HNWOTY) Awards – 2018
- Social Media honours the Tonto Dike Foundation with the Social Good Awards – 2019
- J-KRUE Awards nominated Tonto Dikeh Foundation for the Humanitarian Foundation of the Year – 2019
- Award of Excellence for Female Activist of the Year by QOEN – 2019
Net Worth Of Tonto Dikeh
According to austinmedia.com, Tonto Dikeh is worth $1million.
Life Lesson From Tonto Dikeh
Tonto Dikeh is one of the actress who has developed a thick skin in the industry. She does not let critics stop her from shining and living her dreams.
As an entrepreneur, you need to be strong. Don’t let anyone’s opinion disrupt your success. Learn to live above people’s opinion, learn to focus on your goal, and build your empire.
Despite all the challenges Tonto Dikeh has faced and keeps facing, she has never allowed it to stop her from succeeding. Today, she is a giant in the Nollywood industry and has made millions of dollars from brand endorsement deals. Meanwhile, her NGO – Tonto Dikeh Foundation is doing admirably well.
The result for hard work and focusing on your hustle is always success. So keep pushing!